Every once in a while it rains in Paradise. If you happen to be on Anna Maria Island on a rainy day there is still plenty to do. Below is a list of a few things we do to endure a rainy day. Those listed off the Island, can be found on Manatee Avenue or Cortez Road in Bradenton, all a short drive from the condo.
- Bowling at AMF Bradenton Lanes-4208 Cortez Road West-Only 10 minutes east of Anna Maria Island you will find open bowling on Cortez.
- Take in a movie at Oakmount Theatre – 4901 Cortez Road West, Bradenton is only 10 minutes from Anna Maria Island. There you will find all the normal requirements necessary to enjoy the latest blockbuster of a movie. Popcorn, reclining seats, hot dogs, candy, soda, everything you need to ensure you are on a true vacation.
- Trolley Hopping (bring an umbrella) – Take the entire day and hop on the free Island TROLLEY. Get off at the many stops and enjoy the many stores, bars and restaurants along the way. Make your last stop at the Island Grocery Store and buy fresh seafood to cook for dinner that night.
- Visit the Bradenton Beach Library – Relax and read a good book or catch up on the latest magazine gossip or news at the Tingley Memorial Library, 111 2nd Street N. Bradenton Beach. Located two blocks south of Cortez Road, within walking distance of the condo and near a Free Trolley Stop. You do not need to be a member of the library to use the services. You will need a library card if you plan to take books, CD’s, or DVD’s home. Enjoy their free 24/7 Wireless Access to use with your own device or use their on-site computers with Internet. They have current popular fiction and non-fiction large print books and an amazing collection of movies, as well as magazines and puzzles available for check-out or purchase. They have an ongoing book sale including first editions and rare books. The children’s area has plenty of books, games, a computer for their use as well as toys to play with.
- Spa Day – Pamper yourself with a SPA DAY. Anna Maria Island offers many spas that can accommodate your every whim. Massage, pedicure, hair, sea wraps, you name it. Anna Maria City, Holmes Beach, and Bradenton Beach boasts several spa choices to choose from. In addition there are several individuals that will come to your VACATION RENTAL and give you a massage in your accommodations. It’s a bit tough to schedule a rainy day in paradise but you should be able to plan your spa day last minute as there are plenty of choices on Anna Maria Island.
- Enjoy your Anna Maria Island beach rental – The benefit of a beach rental is the feeling of being in a home and not just a hotel room. Our beach rentals offer great amenities and activities. During your visit you may find DVD players, board games, books and wireless internet to keep you entertained. Or, curl up on the couch and take a nap. What better place to do that than in your luxury beach rental.
- Our last suggestion is to wait a few hours. Anna Maria Island rarely has weather where it rains all day. If you are lucky you just might look outside and the sun will be shining again.
- For the latest up to date news, things, to do, events, special offers and more continue to follow our blog @ Anna Maria Island Condo Rentals/Blog
Created by Anna Maria Island Condo Rentals