/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/dolphin-tours-anna-maria-island.jpg 471 640 Terry Whyte /wp-content/uploads/2017/04/AMICR_logo.png Terry Whyte2018-05-25 15:40:372018-05-25 15:45:53DOLPHIN TOUR — ANNA MARIA ISLAND
With Gulf temperatures averaging 84 degrees and 361 days of sunshine per year the surrounding waters of Anna Maria Island are known as the nursery because of the large number of dolphins that raise their young here.
Anna Maria Island is known for its quaint feel and the unspeakable beauty of the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico that surround it. It is also the perfect place to see dolphins. What better way to spend an afternoon than spotting some of the island’s most beloved dolphins. To see these amazing mammals in the wild you will truly appreciate how beautiful they really are. The dolphin excursion is great for so many reasons, one of which is that it will be one of those rare moments in modern life where you can completely disconnect. Apart from your camera, there are no modern distractions, and as you sail away from the coast what can be more liberating than being able to switch off and become completely immersed in the moment. As you glide effortlessly through the waves let your worries drift away.
Rated by TripAdvisor as one of the best tours on Anna Maria Island, Anna Maria Island Dolphin Tours offers unique coastal views and historic island information. Depart on a dolphin and Wildlife adventure exploring the Gulf of Mexico and the quiet beauty of the Bay. Cruise the grass flats to look for manatees grazing and dolphins playing. At low tide you can often view wading birds on the exposed grass flats.
Listen to commentary during the tour, telling you what you want to know about dolphins, pointing out landmarks and possibly hear some humorous stories about past trips. Don’t stress about the perfect spot to sit on the boat, every seat allows for a picturesque view. If you are hoping for an Instagram-worthy photo right away, be patient and you will probably leave seeing more dolphins than you ever expected.
When it comes to vacation experiences that will last a lifetime, The Salty Dolphin/Anna Maria Island Dolphin Tours is sure to top the list. Plan your dolphin adventure to see some of the most beautiful creatures in their natural habitat – you’ll be glad you did!
Salty Dolphin Tours — 5325 Marina Drive, Anna Maria, FL 941-281-3461
Anna Maria Island Private Dolphin Tours offers 1 1/2 hour public guided Dolphin Eco Tours as well as two hour and more private guided Dolphin Eco Tours. Three and Four hour tours are also available. A quick visit to their website will give you all the information you need. If you are looking for an up close and personal view of Manatee, Sea Turtles, Eagles, Roseate Spoonbills, Osprey and other tropical wildlife then look no further. Tours are customized for each group.
Recent TripAdvisor Reviews:
- My sister, a friend and myself took the dolphin tour yesterday and it was so much fun. Captain Ben is so knowledgeable and friendly and helped make our adventure so enjoyable. He took the time to make sure we could see the dolphins and manatee, but was careful to not encroach too far in their natural habitat. I highly recommend Captain Ben. If we make it back here someday we will definitely be taking one of his tours again. So much fun!!!
- Great time touring the bay with Ben as our captain. Saw about a dozen dolphins and one turtle. Also saw several variety of nesting birds. Ben diverted us from an approaching storm and gave us a great tour. All in our party had a great time.
- We saw lots of dolphins!! We had a great trip with Captain Ben early last month. We took a 2pm trip and were fortunate to see many pods of dolphins and a dozing manatee on our journey. Ben was very knowledgeable and careful to ensure the sea-life was not disturbed. The trip was leisurely and good fun. Thank you very much; our expectations were exceeded and my 12 year old can now say she saw dolphins, which she had always dreamed of. Good value for money.
- 12 of us girl friends booked a sunset tour with Salty Dolphin Tours. Boat was ready right on time and captain Ben was great! Dolphins were swimming along the boat, he made a pit stop for some of the gals, and he was just a pleasure the entire trip.
- I traveled to Anna Maria Island from Hudson, WI with eleven of my best girlfriends from high school to celebrate our 60th birthday’s. We call ourselves The Ya-Ya’s. The dolphin tour with Captain Ben was one of the best highlights of the trip! He is so knowledgeable and a lot of fun! We saw several dolphins jumping and following us in the wake of the boat. It was fabulous! Thank you Captain Ben! We’ll be back!
For the latest up to date news, things to do, special offers, travel tips and more continue to follow our blog @ Anna Maria Island Condo Rentals/Blog
*Please note — Anna Maria Island Condo Rentals offers the above company name and affiliated links as suggestions only. We are not receiving commissions from the above and are listing only as an aid for our guests. We recommend services that we or close friends and family have experienced so we know you will be well taken care of.