/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/anna-maria-island-condo-rentals..jpg 480 640 Terry Whyte /wp-content/uploads/2017/04/AMICR_logo.png Terry Whyte2018-05-10 17:21:182018-05-10 17:34:08WHY WE LOVE BRADENTON BEACH (ON ANNA MARIA ISLAND)
Anytime is a good time to soak up the beautiful Florida sunshine on Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island! Spend your vacation on the beach, jet skiing, kayaking, or shopping, dining and listening to live music on Bridge Street. Bradenton Beach offers plenty of fun things to do for everyone! Enjoy your next vacation with Anna Maria Island Condo Rentals-601 Gulf Dr. N. Anna Maria Island, Florida 34217 as you make memories that will last a lifetime.
We are located in Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island, Florida, on the Gulf Coast only a short drive from Bradenton and Sarasota. Bradenton Beach is a small city and home of Anna Maria Island Condo Rentals. Well known for its sugar-white sand beaches, turquoise waters, bright blue sky, fishing piers and a quaint strip of shops, family owned restaurants and businesses. Upon your arrival you will notice the slow pace of Anna Maria Island. The speed limit on most of Gulf Drive (the main road on Anna Maria Island) is 25 mph with some small stretches a maximum of 35 mph. You will not find any hi-rise buildings and drive-through restaurants are prohibited here. Shunning the building of hi-rise hotels and condominiums, Bradenton Beach has kept that friendly family-oriented feel. Instead you will find companies offering bicycle, kayak, paddleboard, sailboats, Segways and fishing equipment rentals. You can rent a car, but most everything on Bradenton Beach is walkable. There is a FREE Island Trolley that rides north to the City of Anna Maria and south to Coquina Beach with lots of stops in between. For your convenience there is a trolley stop right out front of our condo. There is a Publix grocery store and Walgreens on the Island, both a quick trolley ride away.
The Beach — With miles of beach right out front of our condo, spend your days basking in beach paradise. Each day you will wake to a different beach. Always soft white sand scattered with beautiful shells, the waters are generally calm, but the wave height can vary from a foot to barely a ripple. Take walks on the beach, run on the beach, find sea shells and listen to the waves gently lapping against the shore. You can see porpoise swimming by, maybe putting on a little show for you. Expect to see lots of pelicans and other wildlife, fishermen and sometimes manatee. You will find beach chairs provided in your condo, then pick your spot on the beach and relax as you breath in the fresh Island air. Soak in the sunshine and the gorgeous Island atmosphere then cool off off in the crystal clear Gulf of Mexico water. Grab a cooler and enjoy some snacks as you relax in paradise.
Lots of Activities — Book a Parasailing tour and get a different view of Bradenton Beach. Floating above the clear, blue water of the Gulf of Mexico, parasailing off the coast of Anna Maria Island is like sailing in paradise. With breathtaking panoramic views of the Gulf and intracoastal waterways, dolphins, turtles or stingray can possibly be seen.
Rent a Jet-Ski, sailboat or kayak and explore the local waters. With several boat and eco-tours—you are sure to find something that will suit everyone in your party!
Bradenton Beach Scenic Highway — the word highway confuse some people, because a highway on the quiet, quaint little city of Bradenton Beach, well that’s just not possible. But, it does meet the criteria of a highway (often referred to as a byway). The Bradenton Scenic Highway is a 3 mile section of Gulf Drive/SR 789 beginning at Longboat Pass Bridge extending to the northern city limits of Bradenton Beach. It is pedestrian friendly and you can safely walk or ride a bicycle along this waterfront stretch. It is beautifully greenscaped and offers amazing views of the Gulf of Mexico, Sarasota Bay and Coquina Beach. Walk or ride a bike along the route and stop to view the wildlife, picnic areas The byway intersects Bridge Street in Bradenton Beach, which continues
The island community located along the Scenic Corridor provides both environmental and historic educational opportunities that have maintained the Old Florida ambiance of both the architectural and natural flavor.
Dining on Bradenton Beach — Whether you consider yourself a foodie or not, you can’t help but love the variety of local dining available. Waterfront dining, French, Italian or Mexican food, dining with live entertainment— Bradenton Beach has it all! Ice cream shops? Pick your flavour cause we have those too! Enjoy a meal or sweet treat from the list below.
Anna Maria Oyster Bar on The Pier
Big Olaf Creamery
Blue Marlin Grill
Bridge Street Bistro
Bridge Tender Inn
Gulf Drive Café
Island Time Bar and Grill
Joe’s Eats and Sweets
Oma’z Pizza and Italian Restaurant
The Kokonut Hut
Shopping — If your looking to find the perfect souvenir, piece of jewellery or treasure then you have come to the right place. Search the quaint and cozy boutiques and shop for pieces of Bradenton Beach to take home with you and keep as memories of your vacation. Some great shops to check out are: Bridge Street Bazaar, Back Alley Treasures, Bridge Street Interiors, Green Turtle Shell & Gift Shop, One Stop Shell Shop, Sea-Renity Spa and Boutique and Tide & Moon Jewellery.
Anna Maria Island Condo Rentals invite you to call us today to book your most peaceful and relaxing vacation.
TripAdvisor Reviews-March/April 2018
- My husband and I stayed five days at Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island. Our intention was just to unplug and relax. This beach community is perfect! There are good restaurants and access to public beaches easily within walking distance. A free trolley will take you to other communities on the island which makes shopping convenient as well as just exploring the island. Many tours and activities are available from kayak tours, where you’ll likely see dolphins, sea turtles and manatee, to Segway tours. We visited after spring break and the crowds were light. I can see where this area would become less desirable during heavy tourist times because these are small, quaint fishing villages with limited space. I highly recommend this location to enjoy amazing sunsets, fresh fish and tropical cocktails!
- Lots of parking. Beautiful white sandy beaches. Nice walking/running path adjacent to the beach. Fun shops and restaurants on Bridge Street.
- It was my kids’ first beach vacation. We went to Lido Beach day one, Bradenton Beach day two, and Siesta Key day three. They enjoyed Bradenton the most. Lido sand was pretty rough, Siesta Key’s sand was too fine and was a good quarter mile to get to the water, but they loved Bradenton the most since they had something to do. It wasn’t as busy and there decent sized small shells to find. It kept them interested for hours. Not to mention that the seagulls at Bradenton weren’t nearly as aggressive as Siesta Key.
- The ocean is truly good for the soul. I crave the ocean water and waves. Being from northeast North Dakota, one week of beachtime is a means for revival and survival! It’s beautiful living where I do, but there is something medicinal about the ocean! I love the privacy of Bradenton Beach near the location where we stayed. It was our own oasis! Walking on the beach or swimming in the gulf waters were an asylum for us/me. I look forward to coming back for a few more sunsets and the whispering and sometimes turbulent ocean breezes!!
- We spent a long weekend here and had a great time enjoying the beach and the beautiful sunsets!! Loved this place!!
For the latest up to date news, things to do, special offers, travel tips and more continue to follow our blog @ Anna Maria Island Condo Rentals/Blog
*Please note — Anna Maria Island Condo Rentals offer the above company names and affiliated links as suggestions only. We are not receiving commissions from the above and are listing only as an aid for our guests. We recommend services that we or close friends and family have experienced so we know you will be well taken care of.
*The content of this blog is not to be copied, adapted or shared without the written consent of Anna Maria Condo Rentals.