WHY WE LOVE BRADENTON BEACH (ON ANNA MARIA ISLAND)
Anytime is a good time to soak up the beautiful Florida sunshine on Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island! Spend your vacation on the beach, jet skiing, kayaking, or shopping, dining and listening to live music on Bridge Street. Bradenton Beach offers plenty of fun things to do for everyone! Enjoy your next vacation with Anna Maria Island Condo Rentals-601 Gulf Dr. N. Anna Maria Island, Florida 34217 as you make memories that will last a lifetime.
We are located in Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island, Florida, on the Gulf Coast only a short drive from Bradenton and Sarasota. Bradenton Beach is a small city and home of Anna Maria Island Condo Rentals. Well known for its sugar-white sand beaches, turquoise waters, bright blue sky, fishing piers and a quaint strip of shops, family owned restaurants and businesses. Upon your arrival you will notice the slow pace of Anna Maria Island. The speed limit on most of Gulf Drive (the main road on Anna Maria Island) is 25 mph with some small stretches a maximum of 35 mph. You will not find any hi-rise buildings and drive-through restaurants are prohibited here. Shunning the building of hi-rise hotels and condominiums, Bradenton Beach has kept that friendly family-oriented feel. Instead you will find companies offering bicycle, kayak, paddleboard, sailboats, Segways and fishing equipment rentals. You can rent a car, but most everything on Bradenton Beach is walkable. There is a FREE Island Trolley that rides north to the City of Anna Maria and south to Coquina Beach with lots of stops in between. For your convenience there is a trolley stop right out front of our condo. There is a Publix grocery store and Walgreens on the Island, both a quick trolley ride away.
The Beach — With miles of beach right out front of our condo, spend your days basking in beach paradise. Each day you will wake to a different beach. Always soft white sand scattered with beautiful shells, the waters are generally calm, but the wave height can vary from a foot to barely a ripple. Take walks on the beach, run on the beach, find sea shells and listen to the waves gently lapping against the shore. You can see porpoise swimming by, maybe putting on a little show for you. Expect to see lots of pelicans and other wildlife, fishermen and sometimes manatee. You will find beach chairs provided in your condo, then pick your spot on the beach and relax as you breath in the fresh Island air. Soak in the sunshine and the gorgeous Island atmosphere then cool off off in the crystal clear Gulf of Mexico water. Grab a cooler and enjoy some snacks as you relax in paradise.
- My husband and I stayed five days at Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island. Our intention was just to unplug and relax. This beach community is perfect! There are good restaurants and access to public beaches easily within walking distance. A free trolley will take you to other communities on the island which makes shopping convenient as well as just exploring the island. Many tours and activities are available from kayak tours, where you’ll likely see dolphins, sea turtles and manatee, to Segway tours. We visited after spring break and the crowds were light. I can see where this area would become less desirable during heavy tourist times because these are small, quaint fishing villages with limited space. I highly recommend this location to enjoy amazing sunsets, fresh fish and tropical cocktails!
- Lots of parking. Beautiful white sandy beaches. Nice walking/running path adjacent to the beach. Fun shops and restaurants on Bridge Street.
- It was my kids’ first beach vacation. We went to Lido Beach day one, Bradenton Beach day two, and Siesta Key day three. They enjoyed Bradenton the most. Lido sand was pretty rough, Siesta Key’s sand was too fine and was a good quarter mile to get to the water, but they loved Bradenton the most since they had something to do. It wasn’t as busy and there decent sized small shells to find. It kept them interested for hours. Not to mention that the seagulls at Bradenton weren’t nearly as aggressive as Siesta Key.
- The ocean is truly good for the soul. I crave the ocean water and waves. Being from northeast North Dakota, one week of beachtime is a means for revival and survival! It’s beautiful living where I do, but there is something medicinal about the ocean! I love the privacy of Bradenton Beach near the location where we stayed. It was our own oasis! Walking on the beach or swimming in the gulf waters were an asylum for us/me. I look forward to coming back for a few more sunsets and the whispering and sometimes turbulent ocean breezes!!
- We spent a long weekend here and had a great time enjoying the beach and the beautiful sunsets!! Loved this place!!