ROD & REEL PIER — ANNA MARIA ISLAND RESTAURANT
The Rod & Reel Pier
Address: 875 N Shore Dr, Anna Maria, FL 34216
Hours: Mon – Sun 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
TripAdvisor Reviews April 2018
- I love this place. Tiny little restaurant on fishing pier ot north end of island. It has spectacular views of the sunset and Sunshine Parkway Bridge to St Pete. Although they don’t have many tables, they turn over fast. Service is friendly and fast. Reasonable prices especially on beer. It’s the only place I have been able to find amberjack. Several daily fresh catch specials, grouper, ahi, tuna and steak. I always look forward to going back and have never been disappointed.
- Great location! Very informal service and set up but the staff are lovely and it is as much a locals place as it is for tourists. Head up early to watch the sunrise, you may see dolphins and can watch the fisherman at work. Great view whilst in the restaurant too. Definitely worth a trip.
- The seafood dishes were excellent very fresh. My fried oyster platter was amazing! They don’t take reservations so you need to get there early or be prepared to wait quite a bit. They do have a bar you can order drinks while you’re waiting and have a pretty good view of the sunset. It’s not very big but it’s right over the water which was perfect for our family of six. We enjoyed watching people fish from the pier as we were waiting. We wished we had room for their key lime pie but we were stuffed!
- As informal as it gets but great food and service, best views ! Walk up but if there is a wait, grab a brew and sit out with the fishermen and watch for manatees and dolphins
- If you like your fish.. this is one of the best places to eat in Anna Maria. The range is huge and how you have it cooked .. blackened, chipotle .. it’s a bit more restricted for non fish eaters but burgers and sandwiches are on the menu. Busy place so will need to go put name down and then watch the world go around in the pier. My boys loved it.